Daily Archives: July 6, 2012
- School-age children can do well with many different parenting plans as long as they provide for frequent contact with both parents.
- Where possible, plans should include overnights during the week and on weekends.
- Some options include alternating weekends with three or four overnights, split weeks or alternating weeks.
- Children should be given the opportunity and privacy to call the other parent.
- Children’s preferences should be considered and respected. Remember that parents should still make the final decision.
- It is important to accommodate the child’s social activities and commitments.