The amount of paper in a court case can be overwhelming. Start out right and follow these tips:
1. Always write down the date and the name of the court personnel, state marshal or others who give you instructions or explain things to you.
2. When you must mail something, you may wish to send it by “certified mail” with a “return receipt” so you have proof that you mailed it and that it was received.
3. Keep all documents, notes and receipts in a file, envelope or binder.
4. When you file a document with the court, include the full docket number and case name.
5. Always keep a copy of every document for yourself. Do not give away your only copy of a document.