The 90-Day Waiting Period: Locating Your Military Spouse

17 Oct

Contact Military if You Do Not Know Your Spouse’s Location

 The court protects people who cannot respond to a Divorce Complaint because they are in the military service. If the defendant does not file an Appearance form, you will have to prove to the court that he or she is not in the U.S. military service.

 You must fill out an Affidavit Concerning Military Service (JD-FM-178), swearing that the defendant is not in the military. If you do not know if the defendant is in the military, go to Defense Manpower Data Center website at to find out. If you need assistance contact any Judicial Branch Court Service Center.

Leave a comment

Posted by on October 17, 2012 in Uncategorized


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: