Family Law/Divorce in Connecticut FAQs: Part II

11 Dec

3. Who decides family matters?

Judges decide most family matters. However, if a Paternity or Support case is brought under Title IV-D of the Social Security Act, or a party to the case signs up for IV-D services for the collection or enforcement of child support, a family support magistrate would decide the matter.

4. Are there forms for family matters?

There are many Family Matters Forms available on the Judicial Branch website for the public to use. The forms all have a name and a form number in the upper left corner. What you are asking the court to help you with would determine which form you would use. For example, if you are asking the court to modify a child support order, you would use the Motion for Modification form, number JD-FM-174.

Leave a comment

Posted by on December 11, 2012 in Uncategorized


Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: